Each year the ACE Mentoring Program of Rhode Island offers scholarships to its college-bound seniors. In 2015, ACE RI awarded a total of $10,000 in scholarships to five students at its annual networking fundraiser event. The amount of scholarships awarded varies each year depending on the number of applications and the amount of money we are able to raise. This year we will award a number of $2,000 scholarships to high school seniors.
Students who wish to apply must be ACE participants in one of the three ACE RI sections and meet the minimum attendance requirement (75% of the meetings). The scholarship recipients will be announced at this year's networking fundraiser event.
Application requirements include:
- One recommendation from an ACE mentor
- At least one additional recommendation
- High school transcript
- Short essay-type responses about the student’s educational/career interests
This year's application deadline is April 1st, 2017 for Rhode Island applicants.
Good luck to last year's recipients as they begin their first year of college.
- Martin Majkut of Charles E. Shea High School will be attending Tufts University and majoring in Mechanical Engineering
- Nicole Iannone of Chariho High School will be attending The University of Rhode Island and majoring in Civil & Environmental Engineering with a minor in Marine Biology
- Sebastian Moreta of The Met High School will be attending Roger Williams University and majoring in Architecture
- Yoel Langomas of The Met High School will be attending Roger Williams University and majoring in Architecture
- Justin Tavares of LaSalle Academy will be attending Worcester Polytechnic Institute and majoring in Aerospace Engineering